- 0.1 Where can you find the latest news stories about Gran Canaria? On Gran Canaria Local, of course. Here we share a story about one of our favourite hotels on the island, Bohemia Suites & Spa.
- 1 1. Bohemia Suites & Spa make the shortlist
- 2 2. Bohemia Suites & Spa pick up their prize
- 3 3. Bohemia Suites & Spa react to the news
No British journalist has visited this five-star establishment more than Mr Gran Canaria Local. Initially, he was invited as the UK’s first reviewer during the hotel’s soft launch by Design Hotels. He wrote up his experiences for Independent Travel.
So we were delighted to hear about the hotel’s recent triumph at the Condé Nast Johansens annual awards for excellence. They were named as the winner in the Best Service in the Europe and Mediterranean hotel category. Allow us to tell you more about the awards.
- Bohemia Suites & Spa make the shortlist
- Bohemia Suites & Spa pick up their prize
- Bohemia Suites & Spa react to the news
1. Bohemia Suites & Spa make the shortlist
In early October, Condé Nast Johansens announced their shortlist. One of Gran Canaria’s finest were pitted against stiff competition in the service category. As Château la Chenevière from France’s Normandy and neighbouring Tenerife’s Bahía del Duque also made the list.
2. Bohemia Suites & Spa pick up their prize
In late October, Condé Nast Johansens announced the winners. There followed a suitably glittery awards ceremony in early November. The Mayfair Hotel in the heart of London hosted these 35th annual awards, with a dapper Fernando Calvo, general manager, on hand to receive the accolade.
3. Bohemia Suites & Spa react to the news
We contacted Fernando to congratulate him and his hotel. He thanked us before launching into a mini acceptance speech: “This award is recognition of all the hard work our team puts in day in, day out and we are thrilled to have this acknowledged.” Before concluding, “The service we offer is what makes Bohemia so special – we are far more than a hotel and want to offer guests unique experiences that reflect the Bohemia lifestyle, which we hope they can continue to live long after they return home from their stay with us.”