- 0.1 We’re more than happy to use our status as the island’s number one blog to promote causes close to our heart. Especially those related to the Big C. Cancer has affected our lives here at Gran Canaria Local Towers in so many ways, which is why we’re urging you to light up gold this September.
- 1 1. Light up gold this September: tie a ribbon
- 2 2. Light up gold this September: get a tattoo
- 3 3. Light up gold this September: use social media
For the back story on our relationship with cancer, this is a good place to start. Now we’re going to tell you how to light up gold this September, to mark Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. And yes, as we’ve said before and we’ll say again, it’s as easy as 1,2,3.
- Light up gold this September: tie a ribbon
- Light up gold this September: get a tattoo
- Light up gold this September: use social media
1. Light up gold this September: tie a ribbon
Children with Cancer UK are based at Great Ormond Street Hospital who we’re indebted to for having our Alex with us today. Visit their online shop to order a gold ribbon today. And then wear that ribbon with pride, as your donation will go towards helping the growing number of children and young people who are diagnosed with cancer (10 new British cases a day).
2. Light up gold this September: get a tattoo
Mr Gran Canaria Local’s a big fan of tattoos. But the one’s he’s urging you to get this month has nothing to do with a vanity project or going native on Gran Canaria. Instead, it’s a temporary golden one you can sport to support Niños con Cáncer.
Once you’re in possession of a ribbon and/or tattoo, take a selfie. Then share the proverbial out of this photo on social media. Using tags such as #LIGHTUPGOLD and #enciendelaesperanza to raise awareness.
Every three minutes a child is diagnosed with cancer around the world. But children and their families are fighting back. Isn’t it about time you showed you were on their side?